Saturday, November 5, 2011

Raw BlueRaw Blue by Kirsty Eagar

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's probably deserving more, and the reason I didn't like this book very much may have been due to the extremely high expectations I had. I hadn't read a less-than-5-star review when I had started reading the book, and they were all raving about it. I was frankly quite surprised when I picked up the book and put it back down because I was bored. It's Aussie, ffs!

And that's how the first half of the book went for me, I was fairly bored through it, and had to drudge through. There were a few things I didn't like, mostly regarding Carly's relationships. First of all, I was getting mixed feelings off Marty, and then she just goes off with him? I wasn't quite sure at all whether she liked him or not, but maybe that's just me. And after Carly and Ryan get in a relationship, they seem to get too close too soon, with minimal information about each other. That was my main problem, minimal information about everything important, and excessive information and everything else, or at least that's how it seemed to me. Carly seemed to have become good friends with Danny and Hannah, yet I didn't see it until Carly said so.

I couldn't relate to the characters at all. They seemed quite foreign, and I wasn't emotionally involved in the book at all. That sums up most of the problems I had, aside from that I did like the relationship between Carly and Ryan, and I felt the book picked up a bit of speed then.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment