Thursday, July 14, 2011

Entwined

EntwinedEntwined by Heather Dixon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Before I read this, I had no idea it was a fairy tale retelling. I hadn't read the Twelve Dancing Princesses by the Grimm Brothers, but I knew the gist of the story.

I wasn't expecting much from this, vaguely remembering the summary I had read. The beginning to middle - I liked well enough. But I especially liked the middle-end part of the book. Besides the main plot, I LOVED how the daughters' relationship was portrayed with their father, and how it developed after their mother died. I love 'family' books, and how the relationship is strained at first but they work things out, and they try to make it better. The ending was nice as well~ I saw the Prime Minister and Clover thing from when she made him drink the soup. But seriously, how old was he? Please let him be under 20...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment