Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brr, cold!

December is coming! That usually means winter break, cuddling up with a book/movie with hot chocolate [insert your choice of warm drink], no? Sadly, not so for me. Classes have just started, so busy me trying to figure out the complicated world of Maths. But then again, I am a world-class procrastinator, so you should definitely expect less than that from me.

On schedule for this week:

Finish reading: 

Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere #2) by Melina Marchetta (a goddess, might I add?)


I'm finding this to be better than Finnikin, much to my pleasure. Finnikin was a good read, but Melina Marchetta just seems to get better with every single book she writes, and has the ability to touch people's heart. Froi is on this week's list of books for me to finish up. Might take my time with this though, seeing as I'm enjoying the pacing of the story so far, and I want to take my time savoring each bit of the story as I go.


Saving June by Hannah Harrington


Haven't read much of this so far, so can't say. Have read reviews saying this is better than Amy & Roger's Epic Detour which I found short of my expectations, so I look forward to it still.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Have been reading this for a month, yet am 3/4s into book. Still, that's 600 pages in. Have I mentioned how I detest lengthy books? No? Well, you'll hear me mention this whenever I pick one up. Still, story is interesting so far. Show is good as well, although is that much nudity really necessary?

Finish watching:


Have Breakfast at Tiffany's to-watch for this week. Have heard it mentioned too many times in books/movies for me to not watch it. A few decades late in watching, yes, but blame my generation. Also, really like the song, Breakfast at Tiffany's, despite the annoyance of constantly repeating lyrics...

The Big Bang Theory Season 02. Season 01 just started airing on tv here, but am too impatient to wait for Season 02 to air. I like Sheldon's character.


Family:

If you're Muslim, then you know that our New Year has started. If you're Shia, you know it's Muharram, and what does that mean? Time to bring out all the black clothes! (To non-muslims: No, we're not gothic, we're in mourning of our ancestors). As for that, many majlises (gatherings) to attend, much to hear, much to learn...and then there's all that food. *ahem* But don't forget to listen as well! (Especially to all that gossip *cough* I am so going to hell)

That's it for today, folks, see you all next time!

PS: If you're actually reading this, I love you! *blows kiss*

No comments:

Post a Comment