Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Belly spends every summer at Cousins Beach, with Conrad and Jeremiah, her mother's best friend's sons. Belly has been in love with Conrad for as long as she can remember. This summer, possibly the last summer they all might be together due to Conrad and Steven going off to college, he finally notices her.



The summer is everything it should be, wonderful and horrible at the same time. And then something is revealed, which shakes up everyone's lives...



So, I think this would be one of the first times I've really liked a book, while despising the main character throughout most of the book. Though it's done so realistically, that you can just imagine a whiny, tattle-tale girl. Belly doesn't have many redeeming qualities that make you feel sorry for her, or sympathetic at all. Neither does Conrad, really.



Once I started this, I just had to finish it. The characters come to life. They show flashbacks of the past summers as well, which explain some things about them. Although I read this in winter, it seemed perfect anyways. :)



*Gave it 4 stars because of excessive whining from Belly*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment